Core Temp 1.18
Core Temp is a compact, no fuss, small footprint, yet powerful program to monitor processor temperature and other vital information.
Similar to 7
What makes Core Temp unique is the way it works. It is capable of displaying a temperature of each individual core of every processor in your system. You can see temperature fluctuations in real time with varying workloads. Core Temp is also motherboard agnostic. Core Temp makes it easy for you to monitor the temperature of any modern x86 based processor. The program supports processors from all three major manufacturers; Intel, AMD and VIA.
What processors does Core Temp support?
Core Temp supports most modern processors from Intel, AMD and VIA. All Intel Core, Atom, Celeron, Pentium and Xeon series. AMD Ryzen, Epyc, FX, APU, Athlon, Turion, Sempron and Opteron as well. VIA Nano and C7 series.
How does Core Temp work?
Core Temp reads information directly from the DTS or Digital Thermal Sensor in each core, which allows for virtually no delays and very accurate readings.
What makes Core Temp stand out?
Core Temp's ability to display each core temperature within the processor package is what sets this program apart from other system information and monitoring apps.
Core Temp also provides a platform for plug-ins, which allows developers to add new features and extend its functionality. You can find our plug-ins and add-ons here. If you are a developer and you are interested in creating your own addition, please see the developer's page.
Intel processors starting with the "Core" series all the way up to the newest Core i7, including all the derivatives. AMD processors starting with the first Athlon64 and Opteron processor series, all Phenom and AMD's new APU are supported. VIA processors starting with the C7 generation of CPUs, including all the derivatives based on the C7 architecture. All of the Nano based processors are supported as well.
The temperature readings are very accurate as the data is collected directly from a Digital Thermal Sensor (or DTS) which is located in each individual processing core*, near the hottest part. This sensor is digital, which means it doesn't rely on an external circuit located on the motherboard to report temperature, its value is stored in a special register in the processor so that software can access and read it. This eliminates any inaccuracies that can be introduced by external motherboard circuits and sensors.
- All Ryzen/Epyc series.
- All FX series.
- All APU series.
- All Phenom / Phenom II series.
- All Athlon II series.
- All Turion II series.
- All Athlon64 series.
- All Athlon64 X2 series.
- All Athlon64 FX series.
- All Turion64 series.
- All Turion64 X2 series.
- All Sempron series. (K8 and up based)
- All Opteron processors.
- Single Core Opterons starting with SH-C0 revision and up. (K8 based)
- All Core i3, i5, i7, i9 series.
- All Atom processors.
- All Core Solo series.
- All Core Duo series.
- All Core 2 Duo series.
- All Core 2 Quad series.
- All Core 2 Extreme series.
- All Celeron-M 400 and 500 series.
- All Celeron series.
- All Pentium series.
- All Xeon (Core based) processors
- All Nano series.
- C7 series and derivatives.
- New: AMD Zen 4, Zen 3 APU and Zen 2 APU support
- New: Intel Raptor Lake and Alder Lake support
- New: TDP, TjMax, multiplier range detection on desktop AMD Zen platforms
- Fix: Address the kernel-mode driver vulnerability/exploitation issues
- Fix: Redesign Bclk detection on all AMD platforms starting from the Phenom series
- Fix: Workaround the Bclk detection issues on Intel Skylake and newer series
- Fix: Bclk detection on older Intel platforms, utilizing x2Apic configuration
- Fix: Thread count on Intel hybrid architectures (Raptor/Alder Lake)
- Fix: Improve support for multiple older AMD and Intel processors
- Fix: Base multiplier detection on AMD Zen processors
- Fix: Incorrect temperature on AMD Zen processors (missing -49C offset)
- Fix: Engineering Sample recognition on newer Intel processors
- Fix: Multiple minor bugs
- Change: Windows Vista 64-bit is no longer supported.
Previous release notes
- Fix: Crash on some AMD Opteron/FX/APU A-series (Bulldozer based) CPUs
- Fix: Crash on old versions of Windows
- New: AMD Zen 3 and Zen 2 APU support
- New: Intel Rocket Lake support
- New: Preliminary Alder Lake support
- New: Very preliminary Meteor Lake support
- Fix: "Unsupported CPU" message when only some cores have HT enabled
- Fix: Epyc Rome/Threadripper 3rd gen Platform detection
- Fix: Gemini Lake platform detection
- Fix: Whiskey Lake codename
- Fix: Incorrect VID reporting on some Celeron/Pentium processors
- Fix: Crash on Intel Banias based (Pentium/Celeron M) processors
- Fix: Turbo multiplier detection on Nehalem/Westmere
- Fix: Bugs related to response to DPI changes
- Fix: VID reporting on some AMD Athlon64 processors
- Change: Improve accuracy of information on unsupported Intel CPUs
- New: Intel 10th generation CPU support (Cannon/Ice/Comet Lake)
- New: Package Power reading for AMD Zen based CPUs
- New: Very preliminary Intel Tigerlake support
- New: Preliminary AMD Renoir support
- New: AMD Picasso detection
- New: Intel Lakefield detection
- Fix: System hangs during ATI SMBus dump in AIDA64
- Fix: Crash when display DPI changes
- Fix: Crash when opening Settings dialog
- Fix: Main window incorrectly resized when display DPI changes
- Fix: High CPU usage on unsupported Intel CPUs
- Change: Expand available information on unsupported Intel CPUs
- Change: Improve stepping detection on supported Intel CPUs
- Change: Frequency detection changes for Nahelem/Westmere to make it consistent with newer Intel CPUs
Core Temp is featured in...
Software similar to Core Temp 7
This tool gathers detailed information about your system.
- Free to Try
General Windows utility for dumping lots of useful Windows, Network and hardware info
Comprehensive hardware analysis, monitoring and reporting for Windows and DOS. Completely free.
SiSoftware Sandra is a benchmarking, system diagnostic and analyser tool. It provides most of the information you need to know about your hardware and software.
More similar downloads